Remind Him Why He Married You, It’ll Be Fun For Both of You!
Do you remember when you first met your husband? No one had to remind you to be flirtatious with him, it was probably pretty automatic. Of course, as he started to fall for you, he took your every move as flirting, whether you intended it that way or not.
Dust off your flirting skills and really make him love you again like when you first married.
Back then almost every tilt of your head, bat of your eyelashes, and word you said was some form of flirtation. Whether your intention was sheer playfulness or some form of subtle seduction, flirting was the language of the day – and what an effective language it was!
You convinced a guy to make a lifetime commitment to you.
Over time, though, you left your flirting ways behind (don’t feel too bad, it happens to most wives). Whether it was the fact that you felt confident in your “catch” or you simply thought you’d moved beyond the playful beginnings into a more serious and “adult” relationship.
But I’ve got a news flash for you: “serious sucks”.
Want to revitalize your marriage and make him pay more attention to you? Be a little less serious and a lot more flirtatious.
Men Like Playfulness
If men preferred serious to playfulness you would see fewer 50 year old guys hooking up with 25 year old girls. Just saying.
You don’t have to give up playfulness and fun simply because you’re now married. You may have caught the prize you sought but that doesn’t mean you don’t need to work a little bit to keep his interest and attention.
The subtle and not-so-subtle flirting reminds your husband that you are still interested, makes him feel desired by you, and reminds you just how much fun being in a relationship can be. The more marriage feels like fun, the less it will feel like work.
It may have been a while since you’ve flirted with your husband so here are a few reminders about old tricks, and perhaps a few new tricks, that will drive him wild.
- Leave naughty little notes in his lunch box. It will perk up his day and let him know that you’re thinking of him.
- Send sexy text messages to him while he’s at work. There’s nothing that will have him raring to go when he gets home faster than little teasers throughout the day of what’s to come when he gets home.
- Dress to impress on your next date night. You know what he likes. Give it to him. It costs you nothing and lets him know you still think he’s worth impressing.
- Play footsie with him! Sounds a little silly but it can really get his engine going. Nonchalantly run the top of your foot up the back of his calf..
- Smack his bottom. He does it to you, right? Sometimes what he does to you is a sign he would like you to do that to him. More importantly, it tells him you’re still noticing, and perhaps not just in “mother” mode.
- Touch him. Even non-sexual touching is a huge turn on for guys. Remember when you first started dating? You went for any excuse just to touch him. Whether it was touching his arm, laying your head on his shoulders, or just holding hands you couldn’t get enough of touching him. Over time, things cooled down and touch became perfunctory. Make it fun and flirty all over again.
- Tell him what you want – what you really, really want in a place where he’ll have to wait to get it. It will be on his mind the entire time and the anticipation will light real fireworks when you’re finally able to make good on that whispered promise. Sometimes guys can’t figure out what you want and other times they get tired of trying to guess and striking out. Don’t make it so hard.
Flirting might be a lost art, but you can bring it back into your marriage. If you’re going through a bit of a dry spell, this may very well be the cure. At the very least, it will return an old dynamic to your relationship that may yield surprising results.
The last thing you want him to think of you as is “the old ball & chain” or “the old lady”. Acting a little more like his girlfriend and a little less like the mother of his kids can really put some spark back in your marriage and make it more fun for both of you.
There are lots of ways to fix your marriage or just spruce it up a bit before it needs major fixing; turning up the flirt factor in your marriage might be just the ticket.
Remember: There is NO AGE LIMIT on flirting with your man!